Transferring out the winter clothes and in the summer clothes I noticed that JJ had no summer pajamas. I went to Walmart looking to get her a few pairs but had trouble finding the right size at the right price. We ended up with a Mario Brothers night gown and a capri set. As much as my littlest sweats at night, the satin capri set may not always be the best choice.
About a week later I was out with a friend when Erin called to ask if JJ had any clean pajamas. Evidently the two pair were not enough to get us through the summer. I didn't want to spend more money on pajamas so I started brainstorming what we could do. I got the bright idea of using her brother's outgrown t-shirts but was disappointed that they were not long enough on her to be appropriate. I continued to think on the matter when I remembered that I have several old bridesmaid dresses that I have been meaning to remake into play clothes for JJ. I cut the bottom off one and sewed it on the bottom of one of JR's t-shirts.
Success! She loves this nightgown and all it cost me was about 10 minutes of time.
I wanted to make one more so I chose some fabric that had pulled off one of her dresses from last year and sewed it to the bottom of an undershirt JR will not be able to wear come winter.
Another 10 minutes, another nightgown. JJ loves to wear nightgowns as apposed to pajama sets so she is thrilled with her Mama's penny pinching creations.
Thank you Miss Fay for letting us give your sewing machine a temporary home. It is coming in very handy.
No comments:
Post a Comment