Our tentative move date is somewhere between October 22nd and November 2nd which means that two to three weeks from today we will be in a packing/moving frenzy. It is hard to prepare with so many unknowns but we are getting there. It will be one month tomorrow that Erin accepted the position and the HR department has yet to let us know what will be covered as far as relocation so we are going ahead with the process somewhat blind.
This week is full of appointments. The boys went to the dentist a couple weeks back. I had moved up their appointments to get them in before we go. JJ and I went yesterday and also picked up dental x-rays to take with us. JR had an eye exam and we will be picking up those records to take with us as well. On Wednesday JJ has one last check with her Orthopedic Doctor to see how her back is progressing. We moved that appointment up a little too. I hope we find good doctors after we move.
Yesterday we had an assessor from United Van Lines come look at our stuff to get a quote and today we have an appointment with Steven's Van Lines. We will choose one after we get both quotes and the van line we choose will make a big impact on our move date. We hope to get that all in line before the week is out. I am tired of having to answer, "I don't know yet, I hope to know next week" to the question of, "when are you leaving?".
Erin began filling out our application to rent our first choice home. I am excited that the owner has said she will let us put in a garden next spring. I have not seen the home but Erin took lots of pictures and drew out a floor plan. It is more house than we need but we are grateful to find something that will accommodate our growing family.
JD is home most of this week. His class had a rather expensive three day field trip planned. Since he is new at the school and will be moving soon, we didn't see the need for him to go. He is playing with his sister and doing some home school work.
We are working on clearing out the big freezer. I plan to move everything out of it this weekend and start it defrosting for the move. We are also working on finishing up library books so we can turn them all in, pay any fines we have, and close up our accounts there. We also need to take time to go in and vote since we will not have time to register in Illinois before election day. (Our first choice home is just across the Mississippi in East Dubuque, Il.)
I have so much in my head that needs to be done but has to wait for one thing or another. The last week or two will be a frenzy. I am hoping JJ will be able to spend pack and load days with friends so she will not be underfoot.
No comments:
Post a Comment