Things are quickly falling into place. Yesterday the phone would not stop ringing. When it wasn't ringing, I was on it anyway calling out. It was a good thing all in all. We were approved for our new rental home and got a little knocked off the rent. We are all scheduled and set with the moving company and they are estimating only one day to pack this time. Erin's relocation package has been sent and accepted. The school has been informed as to the boy's last day and the new school knows we are coming. Comcast and trash pick-up are scheduled to stop at the end of the month. Carpet cleaners are scheduled to arrive shortly after our belongings depart. Hotels are booked for a couple of nights while we are in limbo. We are on the right track now and going strong.
I spent some of today starting the cleaning process. This house was icky when we moved in and I am determined to leave it in better shape than I found it, if only to insure maximum security deposit return. I scrubbed spots of crayon and marker, that were here upon our arrival, off the basement walls. We have begun taking pictures off the walls too and boy does the place look bare.
I am down to 3 packages of chicken, 3 packages of Italian sausage, 1 lb country sausage, and one package of 2 pork-chops. I don't think we'll have a problem eating up what we have before the move but boy will we be ready to pick up our 1/2 a beef after we move. We've had nothing left but chicken and pork for awhile now. We plan to make a trip down before the move and I should be able to move some cold food at that time. That is a blessing.
We do hope to have time to visit with friends before we go. We plan on leaving town on November 1st. Until then I will enjoy the silent moments or take the phone off the hook.
No comments:
Post a Comment