Sunday, September 18, 2011

Erin's Birthday


Today was a busy day.  It was the birthday of the man of the house.  Since it was also Sunday, it was a very full day.  When asked, Erin requested Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast so yesterday I pulled out my Restaurant Clone cookbook and made the Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls that my family loves.  Erin took this picture through the plastic wrap and without the lovely cream cheese frosting that is put on only after the rolls are slightly rewarmed.

The children decided to hide and shout, "surprise, happy birthday", to Daddy when he came down this morning.  I told them it really wasn't a surprise that they were here, maybe they should just run up and tell him, "happy birthday", they decided to do both.......kind of.

We had breakfast and got ready for church.  The boys have joined the kids choir so we had to be there half an hour early.  After church we were blessed by some new friends who kept the kids for the afternoon.  Erin and I wanted to try the restaurant not far from our home whose wonderful food smells waft through our open windows but to our dismay they are closed on Sunday.  We came home, changed our clothes and headed to Texas Roadhouse.  We had never been there either so it was still a new experience.  By the time we arrived we were half starved.  We munched on warm dinner rolls and peanuts and ordered hot, crisp, deep fried pickles served with ranch dressing. 


We eagerly devoured these scrumptious treats while awaiting the juicy slabs of red meat that we had ordered.  It was an absolutely fabulous meal and we left with our stomachs so full we could barely breathe. 

We did a little shopping and hanging out finding our way around yet another area of our new homeland before returning to the home of Matt and Miranda for small groups.  We took pizza for the two families to enjoy for supper but Erin and I were so full we could barely eat any.  Besides, Miranda had been so gracious as to provide Erin with a delectable Peanut Butter Birthday Cake and a cozy warm cider drink.  When the other families arrived and the candles were placed we sang to the man of the hour and enjoyed the cake.
When our small group time was over and we arrived back home it was time to whisk the children off to bed.  Erin is enjoying his evening with his favorite pass time...
...sitting in his chair watching football.

We celebrate mostly with food so he will be getting some more of his favorite meals in the week ahead. 

Happy Birthday Erin.  I love you!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You dear Miranda for helping to make today special.

2 comments:

  1. How were the dinner rolls at Texas Roadhouse? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rolls were very good but I was so hungry that I stuffed them down without the pleasure of savoring them as I should have.

    ReplyDelete