Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Little J's preschool: The letter "Ll"

When teaching JD to write his letters I used a book that started with tall straight lines followed by the lowercase l and lowercase i.  Next came long straight lines followed by the letters T, L, I etc...  When it came time to do the alphabet with JJ, I decided to do it all together.  We are doing letter recognition, sound, and writing all at once.  She is 3.  I don't expect her to have great handwriting at this point but she might as well start learning a little at a time.  We are doing a lot of just figuring out the right way to hold the pencil.

We are also using Gold Medal's Alpha-Bakery Children's Cookbook while we explore the alphabet.

Our first letter: Ll


L is for Love: 1 John 4:7 "Let us LOVE one another for LOVE comes from God."

L is for Lace.
We taped lace over the L and she used a sponge to transfer ink over it leaving the image of the lace.
L is for Lamb.
L is for Lemon.
We made Lemon Squares

Patting the crust

Don't worry, she didn't zest the lemon by herself. :)


Learning to clean up.

L is for Laundry.
Said dryly, "I got my brother's underpants, ha ha very funny."
Making a lowercase l (yes, she knows it's lowercase.)


We also use the calendar to learn a lot of math.  Right now we are learning the days of the week, number recognition, counting, and introducing ordinal numbers.  As the year goes on we will concentrate more on months, seasons, patterns, and introducing addition and subtraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment