Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Little J's Preschool: The letter E

We are taking awhile but we have finished all the upper case letters that have tall straight lines and long straight lines.  We are now starting to work on slides.  We have done E,F,H,I,L,and T. We ended with E.

During this same time we finished up our first Raising Young Scientists class and are now starting the second.  In between we attended a Kreative Kids class that JJ referred to as, "art class".  Each of these classes are once a week for six weeks.  While studying the letter F we also studied fire safety using a Sesame Street curriculum I had gotten free on-line several years ago when doing preschool with JD.

E is for Example:
     1 Corinthians 11:1
                Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ.

E is for Elephant, Elbows, Egg, and Elevator:
     We Walked like and elephant, wiggled our elbows, rolled like and egg and went up and down like an elevator.

E is for Elephant Ears:
     JJ made Elephant Ear cookies for an after school snack.




E is for Eggs:
     We made egg shakers by filling plastic Easter eggs with beans and rice and taping them shut. We also had eggs for supper one night.
     We also have been learning about colors.  One day we did some color mixing with paint.
After painting a bit JJ painted an egg and sprinkled glitter on it.  It turned out beautiful.
In case you are wondering what we did with our letter E, it is covered in eyes and ears.
 Here is the letter wall so far. E: eyes and ears, F: finger paint, H: hand prints, I: ink, L: lace, T: truck tire tracks.
The next letter will be A.  We were going to start it on Monday but I am always a little behind so we will either start this week or hold off until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment