Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A New Home Church

The lonely, sad days are much less frequent lately.  My last really bad week was back in August when I wrote about missing my Bristol Road Church family (here).  I still miss them a lot and the idea of forever being an out of state family member continues to hurt but I am healing and this is why.

I wanted to go to Women of Faith this year seeing how we live so close to one of the events, but I wanted to go with a group.  One of the ladies at the church we had been attending turned me to a group of ladies going from the Andover Christian Church.  When I called about tickets I also asked many questions about the church itself and checked out the website.

The Sunday after my August post we visited the church.  We walked in and were immediately greeted and taken on tour.  I finally felt like it was a place I could call home.  Erin was impressed at the way several ladies, and two in particular, took me in and made me feel welcomed.  We were invited to join a Small Group that very first day and met with them that evening.  We were excited to see the number of boys in the church that are the same ages as our boys.  Since then the boys have joined the children's choir and the Christmas play.  I have joined a weekday morning bible study and book club.  I am starting to build the same kind of relationships I had before.

Another thing that has made acceptance easier for me is that Erin brought home some exciting news.  His employer is looking to expand in some areas.  There is a good chance we will be able to relocate closer to "home" in the next 2-5 years. 

Because of these things I am feeling more at home here in Minnesota.  I even (reluctantly) declared residency by getting my drivers license and registering to vote.  I still miss a lot of people and the comfort of my old ways and routines and can not wait to visit during the Christmas season.  If you will be around we would love to meet up with you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to all of you who were praying for our family after that post. I could really tell that Andover was the answer to those prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this post. I am so happy you have found a new church family. I wasn't sure you had yet. I know who hard this move was for you even though you knew you had to go. God truly blesses us in so many ways, I know you know that. Sometimes it scemes to take so long before we can feel relef from being up rooted. Love you and cannot wait til next week.

    ReplyDelete